Looking for our fine art photography? Check out our private collection and more! Become a Charter Patron, click here!
Free Instagram Website Using Tumblr
A Free Marketing Multiplier That Increases Your Klout
My new, but free, Instagram Tumblr photoblog website.
Update: Activate your Facebook and Twitter on your Tumblr account, so when you “link” your Instagram to your Tumblr, Tumblr will automatically post on Facebook and Twitter. This post is “linked back” to your Tumblr account, thus providing you more traffic from your Facebook fans and Twitter followers. So once you touch the “Done” button on Instagram, the post will go on Instagram, then automatically post on Tumblr, then the Tumblr post automatically posts on your Facebook and is automatically tweeted to your followers–all with just one touch! Original article below:
As social media, marketing and networking explode with services like Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and more, Tumblr and Instagram share one focus in common, spreading the gospel of photography. While Google and Facebook battle it out, Instagram and Tumblr are at peace. They offer the ability to share photos with the world, and though while one without the other is great, using them both together is brilliant! The potential of combing the two is often overlooked, but in less than one day, you can set up your Tumblr account to become your Instagram website!
Tying the two together is a must because Instagram is currently only an iPhone app. While Instagram offers the ability for users to publish photos transformed through their proprietary creative filters that add fun to what otherwise might be just another snapshot, it doesn’t give you the ability to share them on your own Instagram website to the entire Internet. And while you do have the ability to publish them on your Facebook and Twitter accounts, you’re omitting the full marketing potential to the World Wide Web.
Not to mention, if you’re not even pushing your Instagram photos to your social networks, you’re limiting the exposure to only iPhone users who have the app installed. Thus those using Androids or other smart phones can’t even see your photos—but now comes the solution, Tumblr, the micro-blogging jewel of the Internet.
Visit My Instagram Tumblr PhotoBlog
I built my Instagram Tumblr photoblog literally in one day. It”s totally free and to give you an idea how this becomes another marketing multiplier, click here: Rolando Gomez Instagram Tumblr PhotoBlog
Please follow me on Tumblr and my handle on Instagram is “rolandogomez” and hopefully you”ll follow me there too! Thanks!
Tumblr, with over nine billion posts in over 27 million blogs that produced over 40 million posts yesterday alone, provides the ability for you to share your Instagram artwork—without ever logging into Tumblr, once you’ve established your account.
While Tumblr allows you to share anything, including quotes, videos, music, text, links and more, “the average Tumblr user creates 14 original posts each month, and reblogs three and over half of those posts are photos,” or photography oriented.
Reblogging, similar to the embedding of YouTube videos, can make a blog post viral overnight. In today’s world of diversity and social networking in order for photographers to survive, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to tell you that you need to capitalize on Tumblr, whether you are using Instagram or not. Obviously with Instagram, you can multiply your marketing power exponentially and here’s how:
- You create a free account in Instgram using your iPhone and the Instagram app.
- You create a free account in Tumblr, which offers their iPhone app too.
- You activate Tumblr in your Instagram app under “Edit Sharing Settings” and while you’re there, activate the Twitter and Facebook settings too—now that’s four times the marketing power for one photo and you still have the ability to activate sharing on Posterous, Foursquare, Flickr and send via email too!
- When you hit the “Share” button in your Instagram app, you have the option to share that new photo online casino masterpiece, created from your iPhone or a photo taken from your photo folders that you’ve uploaded via iTunes.
- When you’re finished being creative with the unique Instgram filters, then added a photo caption, hit the “Done” button, now your photo is not only published to your Instagram followers, but to your Tumblr photoblog instantly. Obviously it’s also published to your Twitter, Facebook or other social networks you’ve switched on—this is a marketing multiplier via one button. You decided, 1X, 2X, 3X, 4X, 5X, 6X, or 7X social marketing power with one tap!
- The next step is to go into to your Tumblr account and tag that photo! Tagging is as important in Tumblr like hashtags are on Twitter. This tagging can cause people to notice, especially in trending tags, then voila, you just might have the next viral photo (micro-blog post) that brings you thousands of new followers and potential clients.
With just one button, you can multiply your marketing at least four times if not more, and it”s free!
That’s how easy it is to multiply the marketing of your talent to the world. It doesn’t require the effort of maintaining a full-fledge blog on your own server, Blogger or even WordPress.com. And this marketing multiplier is now monitored by Klout and can help improve your Klout score. If you’re not familiar with Klout, it’s the current method advertisers use to measure your social media effectiveness and they often offer valuable “perks” to those with high score. Retailers sometimes even buy advertising in the forms of banner ads or paying you to tweet or blog, based on your Klout score–another source of additional income outside of photography.
Klout scores are a great standard for advertisers and help you get paid to network.
As photographers scramble today to survive, those that are keeping their head above water realize the potential of utilizing every social marketing tool out there, and any unused social media is untapped marketing potential. Though many photographers don’t feel they are tech savvy enough to build web pages, and with Tumblr and Instgram, it doesn’t take special programming skills to get your own Instagram photoblog going and costs nothing but your efforts.
The Instagram photoblog using Tumblr is another website search engines can catalog, plus you can use the side bar to sell your books, workshops, link to your own personal blog or professional website, sell advertising, etc., and you can drive traffic to it from your other websites and social networks too. It’s all about getting your talents out to every potential follower and client out there today and the pool of potentials are in millions, but you’ve got to take the steps to establish yourself, or they won’t come.
Here are some pointers to help you tweak your Tumblr blog so you can drive traffic to all your other social networking resources while showcasing your talent:
Editing is easy, no special programming skills required.
- Purchase a premium Tumblr theme that allows two columns (main content area and sidebar) and that includes social networking button (linking) options.
- A two column theme normally allows you to add basic HTML code and this is where you can add things like your Twitter stream, Facebook Fan Page “like,”, Google add me to your circle button, links to your own blog and websites, Twitter follow button, email list sign-up boxes, videos, YouTube subscribe button, etc. All of these are important in your Tumblr “side-bar” column for more exposure and back links.
- You add these sidebar elements via your “description” box while editing your Tumblr profile—heck, you can even add Google Adsense code and a few affiliate links. Do not however make your Tumblr site affiliate link heavy or Tumblr will suspend and potentially delete your account.
- If you purchase a premium theme, you might be able to remove the link to the theme designer. Check the terms of service first, some designers don’t allow that, but if they are premium, they usually are OK with it, but check first. Most premium themes are under $49 and that”s a worthwhile investment for a more professional looking website.
If you find one that allows the credit removal, the easiest way to remove the link is in the Tumblr edit mode, under “Theme,” then in the drop down window at the bottom, click the “Use Custom HTML” button and very carefully remove the HTML link code. Do not do this if you are not comfortable working with HTML. Normally you’ll find this source code in the “footer” section of the original code. If you’re not sure, contact the theme designer via their support system.
It’s that easy plus Instagram and Tumblr are free. While Google and Facebook battle it out, you can be at peace knowing every time you upload one of your Instagram masterpiece photos it’ll automatically post on your Tumblr micro-blog to the entire World Wide Web. Turn on the other options like Twitter and Facebook on Instagram, then you’ll be capitalizing on marketing multiplier with just a few finger taps on your iPhone. Best of all, did I tell you it’s free and can raise your Klout?